Sunday, March 1, 2009

THE GRIP...



I just had to post this picture.

This is the Husband & Moi rollerskating at our younger daughter's 15th B-day Party recently. Mr. Wisdom was shakey & afraid he was going to FALL DOWN. He wanted to grab my hand tightly. I explained to him that he can only have my pinky...ever-so-loosely; that if he falls, I don't want him taking me down hard with him. Skating is like that. The unbalance...the always-trying-to-right-oneself...Sex Addiction is like that.

I was so aware of the Metaphor when I unclenched his hand from mine & redirected him. We actually had a Ball skating that day. Most of us hadn't rollerskated in YEARS. We played Red-Light-Green-Light & did the Hokey-Pokey...all of the fun games we skated to as kids.

It was an amazing day indeed.

3 comments:

Scribbling-Mum said...

If you double-click on the picture, you can see our hands clearly...:)

moi

Anonymous said...

Love the metaphor and the picture. :)

Willow said...

It's kind of amazing how so much of our life after we discover sex addiction can be paralleled to the dynamics. This is a great example.

Your picture made me smile....thanks for the window even if it is your back sides. Perhaps one day I will be as brave;)